I’ve been nominated by Dr. Hsu for the Thinking Blogger award. I’ve proud that he considers my blog worthy of such brain-usage, particularly as he is a contributor to such publications as Malaysiakini.
Dr. Hsu was nominated by KTemoc, who was in turn nominated by MarinaM herself! That puts me like, just 3 leaps away from someone whom most of my friends know to be famous! Wow… Anyway, this whole shebang was started by Ilker Yodas of the thinking blog.
Having thus been nominated, it is my duty to nominate in turn 5 blogs that get me thinking. They are:
1. He who has ears, let him hear! - Joshua Hooi’s blog offers expounded Christian doctrine, interesting insights into the local education field, and amusing anecdotes about life in Malaysia. His posts are written with wit, good argumentation and some weirdness for good measure.
2. Is It Getting Warmer? - Whereas most blogs are either strongly supportive or strongly critical of global warming theory, this blog actually takes a neutral stance as the writer attempts to seek out the truth behind all the mudslinging. As it states, the blog is dedicated to the balanced discussion of global warming. Worth looking into, especially if you’re very pro or anti global warming.
3. IndCoup - A Englishman residing in Indonesia, his posts about the sometimes absurd, always interesting state of life in Jakarta and the nation are a real eye-opener. Just when I start thinking Malaysia has things bad… Ahem, I shan’t go any further. One reason IndCoup is an interesting blog to me is because he has a much different mentality from my own. It makes one pause and check where he really stands.
4. Carnal Reason - Blogging on everything from global warming, to the latest news that was of interest, to politics and religion… Several times, this blog has inspired my own postings (sometimes, pure rip-offs with due credit). A lot of the news CR gets just doesn’t make it to Malaysia’s The Star, CNN.com or Time.com, or just catch my attention. But when it’s posted on Carnal Reason, then I take notice!
5. Less People Less Idiots - Retroactive decision to nominate this blog. It has plenty of commentary on mostly American politics, and plenty of comments by readers. And although the writer and I seem to have viewpoints that are polar opposites, yet a lot of our thinking reaches eeriely similar conclusions. You could say we have similar hard-wiring, but different software up in our heads.
If you have thus been nominated and choose to accept this award, do continue the chain by nominating 5 other blogs for this award. The rules are simple (as taken from the original post):
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.
And remember to tag blogs with real merits, i.e. relative content, and above all – blogs that really get you thinking! Don’t just put some blog address up there all willy-nilly!
You can also notify the blogger you tagged with a comment or e-mail, just in cae they don’t notice the little pingback from your site!