The current update to this recent case. Good job, keep on at it JB police! Crack down hard on uncivic-minded criminals like these!
From The Star 8 June 2007:
Two held over fight at wedding
JOHOR BARU: Two men, believed to be members of an armed gang involved in a fight during a wedding ceremony six days ago, have been detained by police.
The suspects, aged 26 and 43, are being held at Permas Jaya and Johor Jaya respectively.
Johor Baru CID Chief Asst Comm Roslan Ahmad said that the first suspect was picked up at 11pm on Tuesday while the second man, who had been convicted of a series of criminal offences and held as a restricted resident, was arrested at 11am on Wednesday.
He said police were looking for the remaining gang members.
On June 2, a group of 14 men armed with parangs and steel rods attacked and injured 20 people at the ceremony.
Police said the commotion started when a man in his 20s, believed to be the bride’s ex-boyfriend, turned up at the party in Jalan Permas 2 and created a ruckus.
In the incident, several guests were injured,
Three hours later, a party from the bride’s side went over to a house in Jalan Permas 8 – believed to be the home of one of the assailants – and damaged the building.
They also set a Proton Wira on fire and broke the windows of another vehicle parked nearby.
Meanwhile, a Singaporean Indian man was found dead at Jalan Gertak Merah.
The body of R. Rajamtiram, 43, was found at 3.30am on Wednesday.
ACP Roslan said that based on the post mortem, the Rajamtiram was a victim of a hit-and-run accident.