A guest post by Tom Nelson.
Visit the original post at Tom Nelson’s for the links and citations for each fact.
1. Obama once used “Chicago rules” to invalidate the voting petition signatures of three of his challengers
2. Obama had longstanding close ties with domestic terrorist Bill Ayers
3. Radical anti-American rhetoric flowed from Obama’s longtime pastor and spiritual adviser, Jeremiah Wright
4. Obama’s friend Antoin “Tony” Rezko is now a convicted felon, guilty of 16 of 24 counts of corruption
5. After money flowed from a table tennis company to Obama, Obama helped public money flow to the table tennis company
6. Obama helped keep the ‘Bridge to Nowhere’ alive
7. National Journal named Obama most liberal Senator in 2007
8. Until very recently, Obama was a staunch supporter of ethanol
9. Obama supports a union ploy to drop secret ballots, opening workers up to pressure and intimidation.
10. Obama supports strict gun control
11. After securing the Democratic nomination, Obama spoke of slowing the rise of the oceans and “healing the planet”
12. To a San Francisco audience, Obama spoke about the “bitter” people in middle America clinging to their guns and religion
13. Michelle Obama spoke in favor of universal health care, and said we’re a nation of “cynics, sloths and complacents”
14. After her husband pulled ahead in the Democratic primary, Michelle Obama said that for the first time in her adult life, she was proud of her country
15. Michelle Obama’s hospital salary jumped from $122k to $317k just after Barack took office, then Barack requested a $1M earmark for that hospital
16. Although Obama won the nomination, Hillary Clinton may have won the 2008 Democratic Primary popular vote
17. Barack Obama Couldn’t Pass a Routine Background Investigation
18. (bonus) Obama spent only four years as a full-time lawyer before entering politics, spending about 70% of his time on voting rights, civil rights and employment, generally as a junior associate.
19. (bonus) In late 2004, Obama said he wasn’t experienced enough to be president:
“I am a believer in knowing what you’re doing when you apply for a job.
And, I think that if I were to seriously consider running on a national ticket I would essentially have to start now before having served a day in the Senate. Now, there are some people who may be comfortable doing that, but I’m not one of those people.”
20. (bonus) Obama’s campaign has a massive fundraising advantage over McCain: as of 9/21/08, it was $454M for Obama versus $230M for McCain.
21. (bonus) As of 1996, the New Party and its parent organization the Democratic Socialists of America considered Barack Obama to be their guy–one of a handful of avowed socialists running for office at any level in the United States. More here.
22. (bonus) Sen. John McCain enjoys overwhelming support from the military’s professional core:
McCain, R-Ariz., handily defeated Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., 68 percent to 23 percent in a voluntary survey of 4,293 active-duty, National Guard and reserve subscribers and former subscribers to Army Times, Navy Times, Marine Corps Times and Air Force Times.
For more information, see this book:
Amazon.com: The Case Against Barack Obama: The Unlikely Rise and Unexamined Agenda of the Media’s Favorite Candidate: David Freddoso
The first serious negative biography of Senator Barack Obama casts the Democratic nominee as a fake reformer and a real liberal.
The Case Against Barack Obama by National Review’s David Freddoso, blasts Obama for failing to take on the Chicago machine, for listening to “radical advisors,” and for backing “doctrinaire liberal” causes from teachers unions to abortion rights.