Hoosier Army Mom requested that I take a look at this thing called the ‘Freedom of Choice Act’ (FOCA). Having no idea what it is, I had to read up a bit.
From Hoosier Army Mom’s blog post, which also covers something called the ‘U.N. Convention on the Rights of the Child ‘(UNCRC), here’s what I gleaned…
1) FOCA stands for the Freedom of Choice Act.
2) President Obama made a promise to Planned Parenthood (the top abortion business and, ironically in light of Obama’s support, known anti-Black racists) that the first thing he would do as president is sign this act.
3) FOCA would take away every restriction on abortion nationwide.
4) A petition to stop the Freedom of Choice Act is at http://www.FightFOCA.com.
1) It is a treaty which creates binding rules of law. It is no mere statement of altruism.
2) Parents would no longer be able to administer reasonable spankings to their children.
3) A murderer aged 17 years, 11 months and 29 days at the time of his crime could no longer be sentenced to life in prison.
4) Children would have the ability to choose their own religion while parents would only have the authority to give their children advice about religion. [Think about it: your 4 year old daughter embracing Free Love philosophy.]
5) The best interest of the child principle would give the government the ability to override every decision made by every parent if a government worker disagreed with the parent’s decision. [And we all know how capable and upstanding government workers can be.]
6) A child’s “right to be heard” would allow him (or her) to seek governmental review of every parental decision with which the child disagreed. [Supreme Court case: Junior vs Parents on Right to hourly cocaine-laced ice cream.]
7) Children would acquire a legally enforceable right to leisure. [The definition of which being subject to government worker’s judgment and government review of course.]
8 ) Christian schools that refuse to teach “alternative worldviews” and teach that Christianity is the only true religion “fly in the face of article 29″ of the treaty. [What was I saying about Free Love philosophy again?]
9) Allowing parents to opt their children out of sex education has been held to be out of compliance with the CRC. [Right in line with Obama’s hopes to expose 6-year-old kindergarteners to explicit sex ed.]
10) Children would have the right to reproductive health information and services, including abortions, without parental knowledge or consent. [Gonna need that every few months with the Free Love thing going on.]
Much more information can be found at Hoosier Army Mom’s blog post.