(Here’s a detailed list of facts regarding the Gaza Flotilla. On a tip from hutchrun.)
The photos strengthen Israel’s argument that one of the commandos was wounded by a 9 mm bullet, a kind not used by the IDF.
UPDATE 3 MAY 2011: IHH, the sponsor and organizer of the Mavi Marmara, has been declared a terrorist organization and had its funds blocked by the Dutch!
UPDATE 29 MARCH 2011: Still don’t believe that the Mavi Marmara was full of murderous thugs?
Turkish media Photo of the Year is of brutally stabbed Israeli soldier aboard ‘peace’ flotilla!
The picture of a bleeding IDF soldier aboard the Marmara won Turkey’s 2010 Photo of the Year Award in the News category; the contest was held by the Turkish photojournalism association.
The photograph shows a beaten up IDF soldier with his face and head bloodied while three Marmara passengers grab him and twisting his arm.
UPDATE JAN 2011: Flotilla organizers admit their main goal is to help fight Israel! So much for peaceful humanitarian aid!
From News Real Blog:
“We [IHH] represent Turkey, and our interest and goal is not to feed the Palestinian people and bring them food, but to help them stand on their feet in face of the occupation’s oppression and support them in confronting their enemies.
Jews are accused of many things, but seldom are they ever accused of stupidity.
So why do you think they would open fire on ‘unarmed peaceful civilians’ and risk major diplomatic hassle?
Occam’s Razor, my friends… They weren’t exactly unarmed or peaceful.
At the very least, this isn’t exactly your standard humanitarian apple-peeler destined for some oppressed Palestinian housewife’s kitchen:
From Gateway Pundit and commenter cerberus as well:
Prominent activists in the Yemeni flotilla delegation were three MPs from the Al-Islah party, an Islamist party that is close to the Muslim Brotherhood. One, Sheikh Muhammad Al-Hazmi, was photographed on the deck of the Mavi Marmara brandishing his large curved dagger.
Via The Jawa Report:
Via The Jawa Report, Turkish media releases photo evidence of Israeli commandos BRUTALLY ATTACKING helpless and peaceful convoy aid workers:
Uh… Oops, I mean the other way around, sorry.
PEACEFUL I SAY!!!!!!!!!
Instant comparison (click images if no animation):
Keep that in mind next time someone says that the Western media is unabashedly pro-Israel.
And LGF also does a zoom-in that shows just how bloody the knife attack was, as well as revealing another victim in the background:
As it turns out, the photos were cropped by a Turkish journalist tied to the IHH (the terrorist organization responsible for the vessel). Inadvertent, eh?
And is good buddies with violent terrorists (as if we didn’t already know that):
Reuters admits to the cropping, but flabbergastingly denies any motive:
Reuters on Tuesday denied it intended to alter the political meanings of the photographs.
“When we realized that a dagger was inadvertently cropped from the images, Reuters immediately moved the original set as well.”
Wow, what an incredibly coincidental ‘inadvertent’ cropping! Just so happens to be just enough to perfectly hide the knife!
Keep in mind, these photos were taken by the oh-so-proud convoy members, and released by the oh-so-joyous Turkish media. They are not Israeli propaganda fakes.
On a tip from commenter guppy, from Hartal MSM:
The average Malaysian reading Sniveling Star and Utusan would be utterly surprised to learn that instead of readily publicizing the photos which would have proved that their commandos were attacked, the Israeli army command initially tried to prevent the video footage being seen.
Why? The reason they did so was because they feared that the morale of their troops would be affected. After all, the world has become accustomed to imagery of the Israelis always being on top of the game.
One reaction from the horrified Israeli public back home was that their boys were being lowered by rope “like guppies into a pond of sharks”.
Makes sense, when 40 of the flotilla members are also Al Qaeda members:
In a special meeting of the Security Cabinet it was disclosed that a group of 40 people on board the Mavi Marmara with no identification papers belong to Al Qaeda. The terrorists were equipped with bullet proof vests, night-vision goggles, and weapons.
From Ace of Spades HQ:
The IDF just released the names of terrorism-linked “peace activists” captured on the Mavi Marmara.
Fatimah Mahmadi (born 1979), is a United States resident of Iranian origin, and an active member of the organization “Viva Palestine”, she attempted to smuggle forbidden electronic components into the Gaza Strip.
Ken O’Keefe (Born 1969), an American and British citizen, is a radical anti-Israel activist and operative of the Hamas Terror organization. He attempted to enter the Gaza Strip in order to form and train a commando unit for the Palestinian terror organization.
Hassan Iynasi (born 1982), a Turkish citizen and activist in a Turkish charity organization, is known of providing financial support to the Palestinian Islamic Jihad Terror organization.
Hussein Urosh, a Turkish citizen and activist in the IHH organization, was on his way to the Gaza Strip in order to assist in smuggling Al-Qaeda operatives via Turkey into the Strip.
Ahmad Umimon (born 1959), is a French citizen of Moroccan origin, and an operative of the Hamas Terrorist organization.
On a tip from commentor Latma, listen as IHH leader Bulent Yildirim clearly instructs ‘peace activists’ on the Mavi marmara to throw Israeli soldiers overboard, with an Egyptian member of parliament on the far side who gets the crowd going:
Listen to how peaceful the aid convoy is:
In response to a radio transmission by the Israeli Navy warning the Gaza flotilla that they are approaching a naval blockade, passengers of the Mavi Marmara respond, “Shut up, go back to Auschwitz” and “We’re helping Arabs go against the US, don’t forget 9/11″
No wonder… The imam who wants to build a giant mosque next to the site of 9/11 is linked to the flotillas:
The imam behind a proposed mosque near Ground Zero is a prominent member of a group that helped sponsor the pro-Palestinian activists who clashed violently with Israeli commandos at sea this week.
Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf is a key figure in Malaysian-based Perdana Global Peace Organization, according to its Website.
Perdana is the single biggest donor ($366,000) so far to the Free Gaza Movemen, a key organizer of the six-ship flotilla that tried to break Israel’s blockade of the Hamas-run Gaza Strip Monday
From Washington Post:
But there was no fighting with those people, or with five of the six boats in the fleet. All of the violence occurred aboard the Turkish ferry Mavi Marmara, and all of those who were killed were members or volunteers for the Islamic “charity” that owned the ship, the Humanitarian Relief Foundation (IHH).
The relationship between Mr. Erdogan’s government and the IHH ought to be one focus of any international investigation into the incident. The foundation is a member of the “Union of Good,” a coalition that was formed to provide material support to Hamas and that was named as a terrorist entity by the United States in 2008. In discussions before the flotilla departed, Turkish officials turned down offers from both Israel and Egypt to deliver the “humanitarian” supplies on the boats to Gaza and insisted Ankara could not control what it described as a nongovernmental organization.
Mr. Erdogan’s crude attempt to exploit the incident comes only a couple of weeks after he joined Brazil’s president in linking arms with Mr. Ahmadinejad, whom he is assisting in an effort to block new U.N. sanctions. What’s remarkable about his turn toward extremism is that it comes after more than a year of assiduous courting by the Obama administration, which, among other things, has overlooked his antidemocratic behavior at home, helped him combat the Kurdish PKK and catered to Turkish sensitivities about the Armenian genocide. Israel is suffering the consequences of its misjudgments and disregard of U.S. interests. Will Mr. Erdogan’s behavior be without cost?
By Michael Ramirez:
By Diversity Lane:
Via The Jawa Report, the flotilla sent expired antibiotics to Gaza:
Pictures of Weapons Found on the Mavi Marmara Flotilla Ship, 31 May 2010 – They used knives, metal rods, firebombs and other weapons to attack the soldiers.
IDF Forces Met with Pre-Planned Violence when Attempting to Board Flotilla, 31 May 2010 – The Israel Navy requested the ships to redirect toward Ashdod where they would be able to unload their aid supplies which would then be transferred over land after undergoing security inspections.
During the boarding of the ships, the demonstrators onboard attacked the IDF Naval personnel with live fire and light weaponry including knives and clubs. Additionally one of the weapons used was grabbed from an IDF soldier. The demonstrators had clearly prepared their weapons in advance for this specific purpose.
Two of the soldiers are moderately wounded and the remainder sustained light injuries.
Reports from IDF forces on the scene are that it seems as if part of the participants onboard the ships were planning to lynch the forces.
The interception of the flotilla followed numerous warnings given to the organizers of the flotilla before leaving their ports as well as while sailing towards the Gaza Strip. In these warnings, it was made clear to the organizers that they could dock in the Ashdod sea port and unload the equipment they are carrying in order to deliver it to the Gaza Strip in an orderly manner, following the appropriate security checks. Upon expressing their unwillingness to cooperate and arrive at the port, it was decided to board the ships and lead them to Ashdod.
IDF naval personnel encountered severe violence, including use of weaponry prepared in advance in order to attack and to harm them. The forces operated in adherence with operational commands and took all necessary actions in order to avoid violence, but to no avail.
Close-Up Footage of Mavi Marmara Passengers Attacking IDF Soldiers, 31 May 2010 – Large groups of passengers surrounded soldiers and beat them with metal poles and chairs, and threw one soldier over the side of the ship. Some passengers grabbed pistols from the IDF soldiers and opened fire.
Peace-loving peacebringers peacefully mob, punch and beat Israelis with sticks the very second they come down the ropes.
(More at Gateway Pundit.)
(More at Gateway Pundit.)
And as hutchrun tips off in the comments, a video uploaded by LetsFreeGaza:
Lest anyone believe that the ‘peace activists’ had peaceful intentions, this video is entitled “Beating the hell out of Israeli commandos’ and the person who posted it writes, “See how we attacked them as soon as they landed on deck! Look closely, we decked one of them with a crowbar!”
Compare from Doug Ross:
Via The Jawa Report, the ship was stocked with hired mercenaries well trained in killing:
Looking to his side, he saw three of his commanders lying wounded – one with a gunshot wound to the stomach and another with a gunshot wound to the knee. A third was lying unconscious; his skull was fractured by a devastating blow with a metal bar.
The attackers had already seized two pistols from the commandos, and fired repeatedly at them. Facing more than a dozen of the mercenaries, and convinced their lives were in danger, he and his colleagues opened fire, he said. S. singlehandedly killed six men. His colleagues killed another three
When I hit the deck, I was immediately attacked by people with bats, metal pipes and axes,” S. told the Post. “These were without a doubt terrorists. I could see the murderous rage in their eyes and that they were coming to kill us.
Based on preliminary results of its investigation into the navy’s takeover of the Mavi Marmara, which ended with nine dead passengers and more than 30 wounded, the IDF said on Thursday that the commandos were attacked by a well-trained group of mercenaries, most of whom were found without IDs but with thousands of dollars in their pockets.
The group was well trained and was split into a number of squads of about 20 mercenaries each distributed throughout the upper deck, the IDF said. All of the mercenaries wore gas masks and ceramic bulletproof vests and were armed with either bats, slingshots, metal bars, knives or stun grenades.
The IDF’s understanding is that the mercenaries mainly chose dual-purpose items of this sort rather than guns, since opening fire would have made it blatantly clear that they were terrorists and not so-called peace activists.
Nevertheless, the IDF suspects that the group did have some guns of its own. Israeli forensic experts who examined the ship found casings belonging to a weapon that was not used by the commandos, and the Turkish captain of the ship later told the IDF that the “mercenaries” threw their weapons overboard after the commandos took control of the vessel.
T. said he realized the group they were facing was well-trained and likely ex-military after the commandos threw a number of stun grenades and fired warning shots before rappelling down onto the deck. “They didn’t even flinch,” he said. “Regular people would move.”
In contrast to earlier reports, the commandos said that they began using their weapons within a minute and a half after boarding the ship, due to the extreme violence they faced. One of the reasons S. pulled out his gun right after landing on the ship was because one of the mercenaries was pointing a pistol, snatched from one of the commandos, at another commando’s head.
Gateway Pundit also has info on the mercs, who were trained in Afghanistan and Pakistan like most good little jihadist suiciders:
The officer, quoted in the Hebrew newspaper Maariv on Sunday, claimed, “These men were trained in camps in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Indonesia and Bulgaria. We are talking about more than fifty persons in their thirties, very strong, dressed in bullet-proof vests, and equipped with night-vision goggles, masks and protective clothing.” According to the unnamed officer, blank cartridges of US origin but different to those used by Israeli forces were found on the Turkish ship when it was hijacked by Israel last week.
From The Jawa Report, summary of evidence:
“IHH Preparations for a Violent Confrontation with IDF Soldiers Aboard the Turkish Ship Mavi Marmara”.
1. An initial analysis of statements taken from passengers aboard the Turkish ship Mavi Marmara after it was towed to the port of Ashdod show that operatives belonging to the radical Islamic Turkish IHH1 led the violent confrontation with the IDF.
2. The statements confirmed that the violence met by the IDF soldiers was not spontaneous but rather an organized, premeditated action carried out by a hard core of 40 IHH operatives (among the 500 passengers).The operatives, who acted according to a clearly-defined internal hierarchy, boarded the ship in the port of Istanbul without undergoing a security inspection (as opposed to the other passengers, who boarded in Antalya after a full inspection).
3. The IHH operatives’ preparations included handing out walkie-talkies as they boarded the ship, taking over the upper deck, setting up a situation room for communications, and a briefing given to the operatives two hours before the confrontation by IHH head Bülent Yildirim, who was on board the ship and commanded his men. IHH operatives wore ceramic vests and gas masks, and were armed with large quantities of cold weapons which they had prepared from equipment found on board (knives, axes, metal cables, metal pipes used as clubs, wrenches, etc.). They were also equipped with box cutters which had been prepared on the upper deck in advance.
There’s more. Read it all through the link above.
Via The Jawa Report:
On a tip from cerberus:
Gaza is under the malicious and cynical rule of a terror organization sworn on Israel’s destruction, that is holding an Israeli soldier captive in contravention of all international treaties, and that oppresses its own population while even Palestinian witnesses there acknowledge that there is no food shortage. Given Hamas’ military objectives, Israel would be crazy not to check what’s going in. But Israel had already pledged to pass on any humanitarian goods after they were inspected, and told the boats the same thing. So, no, I don’t think that the idea of stopping the boats was misguided.
What we know is that on five of the ships, the commandos (among them friends of our kids, by the way) boarded the boats, and there was no resistance and no fighting.
On one boat, however, the first soldiers to land on the boat were attacked with metal rods and knives. There’s video of it. It’s playing all over Israeli and all over the internet. In some cases, soldiers’ weapons were stolen and used against them. One was stabbed, apparently in the abdomen. Another was tossed from a desk and trampled when he landed. There were a handful of commandos there, and 600 “peace activists.” On Israeli news tonight, the soldiers on helicopters taking them to the hospital were interviewed. They descended the ropes, they said, planning to talk the “activists” into going to Ashdod. Their weapons were not in their hands, but strapped to their backs. “We went into war,” one in his 30’s said bitterly tonight, “and all we had were toys.” They were beaten, trampled, shot (yes, there were bullet injuries) but only after forty minutes of combat did they resort to live five. They were going to get lynched if they didn’t fight back, they said.
Via The Jawa Report:
The Navy commandos were prepared to mostly encounter political activists seeking to hold a protest, rather than trained street fighters. The soldiers were told they were to verbally convince activists who offer resistance to give up, and only then use paintballs. They were permitted to use their handguns only under extreme circumstances.
The commander approved it: You can go ahead and fire. The soldiers pulled out their handguns and started shooting at the rioters’ legs, a move that ultimately neutralized them. Meanwhile, the rioters started to fire back at the commandos.
“I saw the tip of a rifle sticking out of the stairwell,” one commando said. “He fired at us and we fired back. We didn’t see if we hit him. We looked for him later but couldn’t find him.” Two soldiers sustained gunshot wounds to their knee and stomach after rioters apparently fired at them using guns wrested away from troops.
Here’s video of the ‘peace activists’ gearing up for battle far in advance:
Flotilla Rioters Prepare Rods, Slingshots, Broken Bottles and Metal Objects to Attack IDF Soldiers
And since when have bulletproof vests and rifle scopes been considered vital humanitarian supplies?
And those Molotov cocktails, flares and gas masks must be for the fancy dress party cum Grateful Dead concert later tonight.
Via Gateway Pundit:
“They wielded clubs, axes and knives,” he said.
“We knew they were peace activists,” he said. “Though they wanted to break the Gaza blockade, we thought we’d encounter passive resistance, perhaps verbal resistance – we didn’t expect this. Everyone wanted to kill us. We encountered terrorists who wanted to kill us and we did everything we could to prevent unnecessary injury.”
R said that some 75% of the people in the vessel resisted violently, “each one with a knife in his hand.”
Via Gateway Pundit:
According to the French intelligence, the president of IHH (Bulent Yildirim) recruited “Jihad warriors” and transferred firearms, and explosives to Al Qaeda and other Islamic terrorists organizations. IHH has also been fingered for producing documents so Islamic terrorists can travel by air posing as relief workers. And IHH was involved with the terrorist who tried to smuggle 1320 pounds of explosives to be used to blow up Los Angeles International Airport.
Erdogan is known to have been anti-Israel and anti-America from a long time ago:
Meanwhile, a clue as to whether the flotilla was about sending aid, or making Israel look bad yet again – Hamas Stopping Transfer of Aid to Gaza.
This photo and caption points out the real motives behind the flotilla nicely:
As Mark Steyn puts it:
The lesson of a Jewish cemetery
MARK STEYN: The ‘sanctity’ of this burial ground in Tangiers speaks volumes
North Korea sinks a South Korean ship; hundreds of thousands of people die in the Sudan; millions die in the Congo. But 10 men die at the hands of Israeli commandos and it dominates the news day in, day out for weeks, with UN resolutions, international investigations, calls for boycotts, and every Western prime minister and foreign minister expected to rise in parliament and express the outrage of the international community.
1) There are 35 million Kurds, as opposed to perhaps six million Palestinian Arabs by the broadest definition;
2) The Kurds are an ethnic group distinct from Turks, Arabs, or Persians;
3) Perhaps 40,000 Kurdish militants have died at the hands of Turkish security forces during the past twenty years battling against Turkey for an independent Kurdish state;
4) The Kurds speak a distinct language and have a distinct culture;
5) Saddam Hussein killed up to 300,000 Iraqi Kurds, including by poison gas attacks on civilians;
6) The Iraqi Kurds have governed themselves successfully in northern Iraq since Saddam Hussein was overthrown by the American-led coalition in 2003.
More comparison via Moonbattery:
It is not about “occupied land,” given the millions of square miles worldwide that are presently occupied, from Georgia to Cyprus to Tibet. It is not a divided capital — Nicosia is walled off. It is not an overreaction in the use of force per se — the Russians flattened Grozny and killed tens of thousands while the world snoozed. And it cannot be the scale of violence, given what we see hourly in Pakistan, Darfur, and the Congo. And, given the Armenian, Greek, and Kurdish histories (and reactions to them), the currently outraged Turkish government is surely not a credible referent on the topic of disproportionate violence.
Via The Jawa Report, here’s what the organizer of the flotilla says is the real aim of the convoy:
Bülent Yildirim, the main organizer of the Gaza Flotilla, explained at a Hamas rally in Gaza that the operation was no humanitarian effort but part of a global Jihad to overthrow governments and install Islamist dictatorships. He made no secret of that fact, as shown in the MEMRI translation and video.
Keep in mind as you read this that his group originated the project and was the main funder, that his followers controlled the biggest ship, and that they were most of those who attacked the Israeli soldiers.
Hahaha! Israelis point out the Turkish hypocrisy with a planned aid flotilla to Turkey, on tip from commenter Priceless:
Students plan counter-flotilla
Flotilla organized to aid Turkey’s oppressed Kurds, Armenians; show up world’s hypocrisy after sharp criticism of Israel’s raid on Gaza flotilla
“It’s absurd that they always put the Israeli occupation in the headlines and don’t talk about extreme Islamic terror. There’s a lot of hypocrisy in the world.
“Turkey, which leads the campaign against Israel and makes all sorts of threats is the same Turkey that carried out a holocaust and murdered an entire nation of Armenians, and oppresses a minority larger than the Palestinians – the Kurds – who deserve a state, who have demanded a state for longer than the State of Israel has existed.”
“For this reason,” he continued, “we have decided to help that minority and show up the hypocrisy of the Turkish government. We are sure that they won’t care if we sent humanitarian aid. It’ll be a peace flotilla without the knives or stones that hurt IDF soldiers, without violence, which is intended for all those oppressed by the Turkish government.
“If (Prime Minister Recep Tayyip) Erdogan’s heart is where his mouth is, which we all know isn’t so, he has no reason to prevent the flotilla from arriving.”
Speaking of that don’t-mention-Islamic-terror hypocrisy, see Double Standards for ‘Killers of Innocent Muslims’.
Via Gateway Pundit:
Mavi Marmara Passengers Attack IDF Before Soldiers Board Ship – In footage captured on the Mavi Marmara, activists are seen attacking the soldiers with a stun grenade, a box of plates, and water hoses as the soldiers attempt to board the ship.
Via The Jawa Report:
Weaponry Overview and Footage of Mavi Marmara Passengers Preparing Weaponry
On a tip from trepan, a letter to the NYT from Israel’s ambassador to the United States:
An Assault, Cloaked in Peace
First, about 100 of those detained from the boats were carrying immense sums in their pockets — nearly a million euros in total. Second, Israel discovered spent bullet cartridges on the Mavi Marmara that are of a caliber not used by the Israeli commandos, some of whom suffered gunshot wounds. Also found on the boat were propaganda clips showing passengers “injured” by Israeli forces; these videos, however, were filmed during daylight, hours before the nighttime operation occurred.
Just as Hamas gunmen hide behind civilians in Gaza, so, too, do their sponsors cower behind shipments of seemingly innocent aid.
This is why the organizers of the flotilla repeatedly rejected Israeli offers to transfer its cargo to Gaza once it was inspected for military contraband.
In the recent past, Israeli forces have diverted nine such flotillas, all without incident, and peacefully boarded five of the ships in this week’s convoy. Their cargoes, after proper inspection, were delivered to non-Hamas institutions in Gaza. Only the Marmara, a vessel too large to be neutralized by technical means such as fouling the propeller, violently resisted. It is no coincidence that the ship was dispatched by Insani Yardim Vakfi (also called the I.H.H.), a supposed charity that Israeli and other intelligence services have linked to Islamic extremists.
The real intent of breaking the embargo is to allow rockets to be transported to Gaza from Hamas’s suppliers in Syria and Iran. Israel has already intercepted several such ships laden with munitions.
Here is something on the British angle on the story, with more ‘we wanna suicide on Israel’ proclamation videos.
And on a tip from hutchrun, Turkey is losing Israeli tourist money from their part in sending the flotilla.
Oh my goodness, look how oppressed, poverty and lacking basic needs the Palestinians are! Horrible… Shocking… Be warned, faint of heart should not view. /sarc Via Pajamas Media:
And via Bare Naked Islam, the poor starving Palestinians are the 3rd (women) and 8th (men) most obese people in the world!
Why send ‘aid’ from Turkey? Turkey’s infant mortality rate is worse than Gaza’s:
Comments from senior officials, for example, questioning why IHH even needs to send a flotilla to Gaza when the infant mortality rate in Turkey is higher – 23.94 deaths per 1,000 live births – than it is in Gaza – 17.12 deaths per 1,000 live births (stats can be found in the CIA’s official World Factbook) – should be all over the papers.
On tip from hutchrun, via Tom Gross:
July 17, 2010
Please scroll down below for photos of the new shopping mall that opened today in Gaza. I have also attached new photos and film of Gaza’s hotels, beauty spas, swimming pools, beaches and street markets — images the BBC, New York Times and others refuse to show you.
Meanwhile, Hamas are deliberately leaving some Gazans in plastic tents, in order to fool gullible Western journalists and politicians who are brought to Gaza to witness a staged “humanitarian crisis.”
Fancy restaurants and Olympic-size swim pools: what the media won’t report about Gaza
* While prominent Western media continue to lead their viewers and readers astray with accounts of a non-existent “mass humanitarian catastrophe” in Gaza, fancy restaurants (video below) and an Olympic-size swimming pool open there
* Most Israeli towns don’t have Olympic-size swimming pools
* Many Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza live a middle class (and in some cases an upper class) lifestyle that Western journalists refuse to report on because it doesn’t fit with the simplistic story they were sent to write
* If you drop into the Roots Club in Gaza, according to the Lonely Planet guidebook, you can “dine on steak au poivre and chicken cordon bleu” (video, photos below)
* UN-run summer camp for Palestinian children burned to the ground for being “un-Islamic”; UN staff there threatened with murder; UN Security Council fails to react
*A part of the restaurant’s 12-page menu, which includes a wide range of meat, poultry and seafood dishes. The restaurant is popular with Gazans holding weddings and other celebrations, UN and NGO workers, and foreign journalists
* A Palestinian newspaper photo (May 18, 2010) shows Gazan children in the newly built Olympic-sized swimming pool which opened earlier this month, despite continuing claims by some Western journalists and NGOs that there are no building materials and a severe shortage of water in Gaza.
So, visit Gaza year 2011!
Photos at the Tom Gross link.
Via Gateway Pundit:
Over one million tons of humanitarian supplies were delivered by Israel to the people of Gaza in the past 18 months – that’s equal to nearly one ton of aid for every man, woman and child in Gaza.
553 tons of milk powder and baby food – equivalent to over 3.1 million days of formula for an average six-month-old baby.
During the Muslim holy days of Ramadan and Eid al-Adha, Israel shipped some 11,000 head of cattle into Gaza – enough to provide 8.8 million meals of beef.
Via The Jawa Report, full MEMRI TV flotilla compilation video:
And here’s the main organizer of the flotilla at a Hamas rally in Gaza, saying:
Bülent Yildirim: From here, I call upon all the leaders of the Islamic world, and upon all the peoples… Anyone who does not stand alongside Palestine – his throne will be toppled… Everything is progressing towards Islam.
The Jawa Report carries videos that reveal the IHH’s preparations on Mavi Marmara for violence against the Israelis regardless:
If Israel Is Not Evil, the World Is in Big Trouble
Though Israel is a thriving liberal democracy for all its citizens — including the one citizen out of five who is Arab (83 percent of whom are Muslim) — and has an independent judiciary and an independent press, though it signed an agreement establishing an independent Palestinian state, and though it returned to Egypt every inch of the Sinai Peninsula, a land mass larger than Israel itself with major oil reserves, the world deems Israel a villain.
Though Hamas runs a theocratic police state based on torture and terror, though it recognizes no freedom of speech and no freedom for any religious expression outside of radical Islam, though it seeks to annihilate the Jewish state, and though its state-controlled media depict Israelis and Jews as worthy of death, the world sees Israel, not Hamas, as the villain.
If Israel is the decent party in its war with the Palestinian Authority and Hamas, and nearly all the world’s countries, nearly all the world’s media, and the United Nations are morally wrong, what hope is there for humanity? If the world’s moral compass is that broken, are we not sailing into a dark age?
Hahaha! Anti-Israel protestors FAIL:
Some 500 anti-Israel protestors arrived at the Oakland, California port early Sunday morning, hoping to block an Israeli ship from unloading its cargo. However, the ship did not arrive, and the crowd prevented workers from unloading a Chinese ship instead.
The Israeli ship arrived only at 6 PM, more than 12 hours after the protestors, but by that time most of the latter had left.
Excerpt from Gateway Pundit’s article on the Obama Administration’s response:
Days before the Gaza flotilla raid the Obama administration instructed Israel to use caution and restraint with the aid boats. They offered this advice knowing that the boats were loaded with radical Islamists. This advice put the Israeli soldiers in grave danger. They weren’t expecting what happened next.
So what was the reaction at the Obama White House to the attack on the Israeli soldiers? Well, they certainly didn’t stand up for Israel. In fact, they immediately told Benjamin Netanyahu to go back to Israel and not use the White House as a backdrop for his comments on the attack.
A lol via Gateway Pundit:
We Con the World
We’ll make the world
We’ll make them all believe that the Hamas
Is Momma Theresa
We are peaceful travelers
With guns and our own knives
The truth will never find its way to your TV
More mockery via The Jawa Report:
Contrast the next boarding to occur, MV Rachel Corrie:
Notice the difference? Soldiers don’t get beaten, stabbed, shot… Soldiers don’t shoot back.
But what about the other Rachels the media never mentions?
Photo gallery of victims of Palestinian murderers here.
Meanwhile, you would never know that the ‘peace bringers’ were armed and dangerous from the Malaysian media.
The Star, no mention of activist weapons at all:
- Former PM condemns Tel Aviv’s attack against aid flotilla – “I feel very angry that the Israelis have used force against unarmed people. I am sure the Israelis will say that these people are carrying weapons. That is ridiculous. The Israelis claim these people have sharp objects. I don’t know what is meant by sharp objects.“
Maybe those are actually blunt objects, hence Dr. Drama M’s confusion.
- Palestinian envoy: It’s a ‘massacre against humanity’ – Aboughosh said that there was transparency when the ships were loaded in Athens and Istanbul. “There were no weapons in these ships,” he stressed.
O RLY? Then there must have been a fire sale at Ginsu. Or maybe it was a Handy Manny promo appearance for the kids.
- Aid ship Rachel Corrie, with 6 M’sians, presses on to Gaza – “We would like to emphasise that this is a totally humanitarian exercise. There are no terrorist elements on board. The Israelis have no reason to attack this ship,” he said. There are just enough trucks coming in to barely prevent total starvation, and Egypt, complicit with the Israeli-US policy of blockading Palestinians, is building an underground steel wall to prevent people in Gaza from bringing in vitally needed supplies through tunnels, it says.
Vitally needed supplies like rocket parts, I presume. (See bottom of post.)
- Man slashes himself in front of US embassy over Israeli raid – Meanwhile, another 300, led by Barisan Nasional Youth chief Khairy Jamaluddin, burned three Israeli flags, after stomping on it, in front of the United Nations building at Jalan Dungun here on Tuesday.
Wait… I thought mass street protests with burning are not Malaysian culture?
Same thing at NST:
- ‘Freedom Flotilla carries hope, not weapons’ – The Lifeline4 Gaza, a coalition of Malaysian non-governmental organisations on Gaza, claimed that no weapons were brought on board the “Freedom Flotilla”.
- 11 Malaysians on board Turkish vessel attacked by Israelis – “The Israelis used force on a totally unarmed ship. This is a ridiculous action on a non-combatant ship that carried no weapons. vHe rubbished claims by the Israeli authorities that those on the ships had sharp objects with them. “What do they mean by sharp objects? Knives or pencils?” he asked.
- Shooting goes on despite white flag -Israel says the troops returned fire after they were attacked with live rounds, knives and clubs, but the organisers of the Gaza blockade busting bid insist the soldiers started shooting the moment they hit the deck.
- British PM tells Netanyahu Israeli raid was “unacceptable” – Netanyahu, speaking in Ottawa before cancelling a planned visit to Washington to return to Israel, expressed “regret” over the loss of life but said Israeli troops had acted to “defend their lives.”
And that’s the best you get from NST – a comment from the Israeli PM that is totally isolated from any evidence or explanation that might lend weight to his opinion.
But true to form, the maverick Sun actually carries the other side’s view:
- Bloodshed at sea as aid flotilla attacked – Israeli Trade Minister Binyamin Ben-Eliezer gave no details of what Channel 10 said were 14 to 16 deaths. But he told Israel’s Army Radio: “I can also understand … how soldiers are coming down and are set upon with batons and tools. “The moment someone tries to snatch your weapon, to steal your weapons, that’s where you begin to lose control.”
- 12 Malaysians among 124 Gaza-aid activists released by Israel (Update) – Ashwad in a televised interview shortly after his release said there had been no sharp objects as alleged by Israeli commandos who stormed the ship carrying relief supplies bound for the Gaza Strip. “People on board our ship were only using water to try to repel the commandos who were coming on to the ship. I did not see any sharp objects. Perhaps they were only the usual metal items that can be found on any ship,” he said.
- MCA and Gerakan slam storming of aid ship – He pointed out that the activists were unarmed and if the Israelis had suspected the vessel of carrying ammunitions, they could have conducted a standard border security inspection.
- Swedish author says flotilla highlights Gaza ills – “We had no weapons. We were civilians. No one had a right to take over our ship,” he said, describing the chaos and fear as forces stormed the vessel he was aboard. “When one is faced with a totally masked elite force, you are just at a complete loss as to what to do,” he said.
- – U.S. treads cautiously on Israel flotilla crisis – State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley said the United States would push for an international role in the probe. “Turkey has a vital interest in this. Other countries have a vital interest in this,” he told a news briefing. A senior administration official, speaking on background, said the United States saw mistakes on both sides. “We believe that there was a good-faith effort to provide humanitarian assistance to the people of Gaza. By the same token the organizers of the flotilla were clearly seeking a confrontation — and tragically they got one,” he said.
- Israel deports flotilla activists after world outcry – Israel had said it would deport 682 activists from over 35 countries, seized during the assault in which nine activists were killed on a Turkish vessel, but the police minister had said some might be prosecuted for assaulting Israeli marines.
- Volunteers fought Israelis with water and sticks – “I did not see any sharp weapons like knives, machetes, swords and so on being used, but volunteers merely used water from hoses to stop the commandos from boarding the ship.
- Time to end the impunity (ALONG THE WATCHTOWER By M. VEERA PANDIYAN) – Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak had the audacity to claim that the flotilla organisers incited the assault and that the activists on board provoked the massacre by attacking the Israeli commandos first. As proof, the Israeli government uploaded on YouTube footage taken from a naval boat showing the passengers beating up Israeli troops with what looked like poles, and one soldier being pushed overboard. Another video showed the weapons that the activists used against the soldiers – knives, slingshots, stones in bottles, smoke bombs, metal rods, improvised sharp metal objects, sticks and clubs – supposedly found on board the ship. But there was no clip showing how soldiers shot the 19 activists in self-defence or any footage of the 60 or so injured.
- It was pure hell – “There were no weapons. We were not armed and yet we were treated like criminals. Even criminals are not shot on sight.
- UN: Israel must lift Gaza blockade – The Israeli army said the commandos resorted to force after they were attacked with sticks and stabbed as soon as they landed on deck. Organizers of the so-called “Freedom Flotilla” denied the military’s account, saying the soldiers began firing as soon as they landed… Israel is deporting more than 600 foreign activists whose accounts of the raid contradicted Israeli reports that its soldiers acted in self-defense.
- Gaza Aid Mission: “We will not be foiled,” says Mukhriz – Biden, when interviewed during the Charlie Rose show of the US Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) on Wednesday, defended Israel’s attack on one of the ships in the flotilla to prevent smuggling of weapons to Gaza and questioned the mission organisers’ insistence of sending the aid straight to Gaza.
- Rachel Corrie to break Israeli blockade to Gaza – The Irish activists on board insisted they would not accept diversion to an Israeli or Egyptian port, because their campaign was designed to challenge the naval blockade and Israel’s right to dictate what went into Gaza.
- Dr M: Gaza aid may need to be sent via land – “If Egypt opens it border with Raffah, they want to examine everything and every item that we take and that may cause delays, and also they may consider certain things as dangerous,” he said.
Why not condemn Egypt, a Muslim and Arab nation, for denying Gazans their basic needs? Cos the Egyptians aren’t stupid either, Hamas is more interested in bringing in weapons and explosives than food and clothing.
And again, note how no demonization of Egypt occurs:
When Hamas took control of the Gaza strip in 2007 – Israel and Egypt, which share a border with it and are anti-Hamas – decided to impose a siege on Gaza.
Cairo has said it will keep the Rafah gate open “until further notice”.
But it is not a complete opening as not everyone who wants to can go in or out.
At the Palestinian gate, too, only students, or those with medical problems and those who have the approval of the Egyptian security forces, are able to make their way across.
Malaysia wants the Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC) to speak in one voice and get Egypt to keep its Rafah border open so that aid can be sent to the Palestinians in Gaza.
Foreign Minister Datuk Seri Anifah Aman said Malaysia was getting the views of OIC member countries, including Turkey and Jordan, on this possibility since Israel would not allow aid to be shipped to Gaza.
Baseless smears from The Star:
“We have proof Israeli forces intended to kill when they boarded the Mavi Marmara. We captured three soldiers and found the list with pictures of those whom they intended to kill” : Life Line For Gaza Mission head Noorazman Mohd Samsuddin
Noorazman said the use of rubber bullets on others was just an excuse by the Israel authorities because “we have proof that they had actually targetted to kill a number of activists on Mavi Marmara.”
“I have proof that the Israeli forces had intention to kill. They already had a list of people whom they wanted to kill when they raided the ship.
“We captured three soldiers and, after searching them, found the list with pictures of those whom they intended to kill.
“Some of them are Turkish and international figures…very important figures to the world. We were not on the list. That is why we were not shot. We are just ordinary people. One Turk from the media who was killed, was on the list,” he said.
O RLY? What evidence do they provide that the pictures were ‘kill’ pictures? And not ‘arrest’ pictures? Could it be that those in the photos were known affiliates of Al Qaeda or Hizbullah – two illegal terrorist origanizations – as mentioned above in my post?
What kind of half-a$$ed, yellow journalism is The Star carrying out that its reporters didn’t even bother to ask that question?
Oh wow, Malaysian supporting terror by paying off families of shaheed-seeking hired thugs:
The families of the nine Turks killed during the May 31 Israeli raid on Mavi Marmara have been given US$45,000 (RM149,378) by Malaysians.
She said the donations signalled Malaysians’ sympathy towards the families who lost their loved ones who were on a humanitarian mission bound for Gaza.
Also present were Foreign Minister Datuk Seri Anifah Aman and some of the volunteers who were on board Mavi Marmara.
Wait, can they still be considered volunteers if they were given wads of cash which were found on their lifeless, terrorist bodies?
Tabik this guy and whoever got it printed:
Monday June 7, 2010
It’s not just in war that things aren’t smooth sailing
IT IS heart warming to note that all 12 Malaysians on board the Mavi Marmara, part of a convoy of six vessels bound for Gaza with humanitarian aid for the Palestinians, have safely returned home.
Nevertheless, the unexpected attack on the ship by Israeli commandos and the consequent deaths of a number of volunteers are worthy of condemnation.
One wonders how this mission was planned and carried out without first considering the grave danger that our people would face, including possible attack by Israel in the open sea off Gaza, which has been under blockade since the last war in the Gaza Strip about a year ago.
Why were adequate safety measures not taken before the ship set sail for Gaza? Are we so naive as to assume it will be plain sailing all the way to the conflict-ridden territory?
We should not embark on such life-threatening missions in future before being very sure of accomplishing the task undertaken without loss of lives on our side, simply because it is not a combatant mission.
It may well be that for Israel it is a matter of survival in the wake of open hostility and declaration by Iran sometime ago that “Israel must be wiped out from the world map”.
Let’s hope and pray that peace would soon return to these war-torn territories of the Middle East with more meaningful negotiations between these hostile parties.
The Star continues to report wholesale bullsh*t accounts such as this:
When silence can be a very powerful weapon
By SHAHANAAZ HABIB
Early that morning, when Israel started shadowing the vessel that was carrying humanitarian aid to Gaza, the activists managed to send information out to the international press and other organisations before their radar and telecommunications lines were blocked.
When Israel unblocked their satellite phones a few hours later, frantic calls to the Rachel Corrie by the press and others went unanswered.
Shamsul Akmar, head of the Rachel Corrie delegation, said the decision not to pick up the phone was because they did not want Israel, which had been tapping their phone lines, to listen in on whatever they were saying.
“And we wanted the international community to get nervous about us.”
“It is the responsibility of the international community to state where they stand. So let them worry,” he said at a dinner hosted by Malaysian ambassador to Jordan for the six Malaysians on the Rachel Corrie which was seized by Israel on Saturday.
Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called Rachel Corrie “a flotilla of peace activists” in stark contrast with the Mavi Marmara aid convoy, which he described as a “flotilla of hate organised by violent, terrorism-supporting extremists.”
Shamsul condemened this, saying Israel was trying to use the Rachel Corrie to justify its violent action against Mavi Marmara.
“What they did to Mavi Marmara is unforgivable. Israel came in at dawn, in darkness and in stealth.
“It was a cowardly attack on unarmed people on a humanitarian mission in international waters. It took a lot of courage for those on board to defend themselves,” he said.
The jerks on board wanted the world to think Israel had come in and slaughtered them, got that? It’s the world’s responsibility.
And terror apologists are still pushing that idiot claim that those on board Mavi Marmara were unarmed, when photo and video evidence exist all over the Net and it is becoming clearer that those ‘defending themselves’ were trained mercenaries.
Dennis Ignatius of The Star seems to be completely ignorant of that thing called the Internet, where he could find better proof of violent intentions proudly posted by the ‘aid workers’ themselves:
- In search of a viable solution to Palestine’s long and vexing conflict – Israel has also sought to demonise the blockade runners as terrorist sympathisers and supporters of international jihadi groups intent on violence. A motley collection of clubs and knives was displayed as proof of violent intention.
Day 2, The Star still carries only denials of weapons and attacks by the activists while photo, video and testimony evidence is flying around all over the Net (including the blog you are reading now):
And yet the flotilla convoy knew exactly what they planned to do lond in advance – ambush the Israelis and try and murder them.
And as close as you will get to the real motives behind the flotilla:
NST has a similar slant, while The Sun continues to drop hints:
Day 3, The Star carries a front-page denial of any weapons used:
Even as an opinion piece admits that photo and video evidence of weapons exists, while throwing an equivalence red-herring to deflect attention back to his narrative:
He goes on to mock Israel’s claims that the convoy has terrorist ties (it does – see my info above) and use the usual Palestinian apologist tactic of condemning Israel’s response against Hamas as against a war crime, while not lifting even a pinky in condemnation of Hamas’ yearlong rocket barrage.
NST also sings the same tune:
While the Sun avoids any mention of or denial of weapons.
In fact, the Sun on day 4 dares include this:
See here for more on Joe Biden. He gets it:
“I think Israel has an absolute right to deal with its security interest. I put all this back on two things: one, Hamas, and, two, Israel’s need to be more generous relative to the Palestinian people who are in trouble in Gaza,” Biden said, according to a transcript of the interview, in which he went on to discuss Hamas’s control of Gaza:
“[The Israelis have] said, ‘Here you go. You’re in the Mediterranean. This ship — if you divert slightly north you can unload it and we’ll get the stuff into Gaza.’ So what’s the big deal here? What’s the big deal of insisting it go straight to Gaza? Well, it’s legitimate for Israel to say, ‘I don’t know what’s on that ship. These guys are dropping eight — 3,000 rockets on my people,'” Biden said.
And NST includes this admission:
There you go, straight from the horses mouth – it’s not about aiding Gazans, it’s about seeking confrontation with Israel and opening up the way for rocket parts to freely reach Hamas.
The Star, Dr M actually subtly admits that it’s not just Israel that has an ‘apartheid wall’ locking the Palestinians out and concerned about contrabrand being smuggled in:
In the rest of his hit piece, he totally neglects to mention the reason for Israel’s strikes on Gaza and blockade – because Hamas continually launches rockets at Israel, and launched MORE when Israel pulled out of Gaza in the first place.
But he is par for the course at The Star.
The Star carries a piece by a Palestinian journalist that sheds some bad light on Hamas, but as usual finds a way to paint Israel as the real villains (by avoiding, yet again, any mention of the thousands of rockets that Hamas fired which caused Israel to invade Gaza in the first place):
Roller coaster ride for journalist in the face of turbulence
By SHAHANAAZ HABIB
Working as a journalist with Palestinians Without Frontiers, Mahmoud found himself in a difficult situation when Hamas took control of the Gaza Strip in 2007 as he was writing about the problems and clashes between Hamas and Fatah.
“Journalists can’t stop talking or writing and Hamas didn’t like my writings,” he said. When Hamas came after him, he packed his bags, left Gaza and sought political asylum in Spain.
But within a month after he left Gaza in November 2008, Israel launched a three week strike on Gaza and his heart ached for his family who were left behind.
He said since he left Gaza, Hamas had come after his family.
“They asked my wife to come in for interrogation and she was interrogated from 10am until 3am the next day.
“Another time they came and took away our mobile phone and my children’s computer,” he said.
Mahmud described Israel’s attack on the Gaza aid flotilla as a “big mistake”.
“Let all the people see who the real terrorists are. Are they Palesti-nians or Israelis,” he said.
Israel and Egypt have imposed an economic blockade on Gaza after Hamas, which won the elections – much to the dismay of the international community – took control of the area.
Although Mahmoud had to leave Gaza because of Hamas, he was against the siege.
“I think of the 1.5million living inside. If you can’t find a solution to a political problem, it is not good to punish 1.5million people for it,” he said.
Via Hartal MSM, who says “True, The Star couldn’t even muster one Bersih rally photo but when it comes to Israel-bashing it ladled out THREE editorial, some excerpts from Helen Ang laying bare the local media’s hypocrisy:
Aside from the Jerlun and Rembau MPs, other Dewan Rakyat members from both sides of the political divide have been unanimous in condemning Israel. Anti-Zionism is a full-consensus parliamentary endeavour … without any exception or abstention. Just imagine if our Parliamentarians could be as equally spirited, cohesive and co-operative on other social issues like eradicating poverty or abolishing ISA.
On June 6, The Star devoted not one, not two but three! entire editorial voices to castigate Israel in no uncertain terms. Yes, in a single day, The Star employed courageous, strong language never marshalled before for all our own homegrown efforts like Bersih, Hindraf and ‘Justice for Teoh Beng Hock’ combined.
Wrote FMT writer Joe Fernandez: “What would be Malaysia’s response if a foreign flotilla of ships, led by the Bruno Manser Foundation of Switzerland, were to head towards the Sarawak coast with 10,000 tonnes of medical and food supplies for the starving Penans?”
Hah! Poke in the eye of the ISA-happy hypocrites!
From The Star 20 July 2010:
Govt should consider signing Rome Statute
IT is a surprise to read that we want to refer the Palestinian issue to the International Criminal Court (ICC) when we are not a member of ICC.
The international community signed the Rome Statute in 1998 which gave rise to ICC in 2002.
But Malaysia is not a signatory of the Rome Statute which means we are not a member of the ICC.
We are asking that Israel be referred to the ICC for their blatant violations against the Palestinians but since we are not a member of ICC, we are trying to use Turkey, which is friendly to Malaysia, to do it.
I think signing the Rome Statue will send a clear signal that we are serious about combating crimes against humanity such as genocide and war crimes and to seek justice for the victims.
K T MARAN,
And as you continue to follow these reports, bear in mind several things:
1. Malaysian media is well known to be heavily and blatantly slanted against Israel, whether freely or coerced into it. Do you think you can get the real story from them?
3. Despite the ‘inhumane Israeli blockade’ (first three links here), somehow Hamas manages to bring in enough materials to build and fire 10 rockets a day at Israel and immerse themselves in blue paint and 3D cinema. On a tip from hutchrun, see what ‘oppressed apartheided Palestine’ looks like:
4. Israel showed tremendous restraint during the most recent attack on Gaza, carefully targeting only armed militants – while Hamas fighters hid in schools, hospitals, mosques, and behind human shields. Do you really think they would go to all that trouble only to throw it all away shooting international aid workers for fun?
5. Speaking of aid workers, is it a given that these supporters of the Palestinians are automatically peaceful folk? Check out these photos of other Palestinian-aligned people and tell me what you think afterwards.
PS. Lol, and trackback no.3: Hartal MSM – Since when are Jews so stooopid?