Posts Tagged ‘global warming causes everything’

Global Warming = More Kittens!!!

November 30, 07

Global warming does something good: More cuddly and loveable kitties witties!!!

So says the report by Pets Across America, a national pets adoption group:

—————

GLOBAL WARMING KEY FACTOR IN INCREASE OF CAT POPULATION
Increasing temperatures across country major factor as cat populations rise at alarming rates

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (June 6, 2007) — These days cats outnumber dogs by 13.5 million and that
number is growing. Today more than ever, animal shelters across the United States are reporting skyrocketing influxes of cats and kittens being brought into their agencies. Many believe global warming is extending cat breeding seasons and causing the cat population to swell.

According to Kathy Warnick, president of Pets Across America — the largest umbrella organization for animal shelters serving more than 130 million people, global warming is thought to be a contributing factor to the dramatic increase of stray, owned, and feral cats.

“Cats are typically warm-weather, spring-time breeders,” reminds Warnick, who also serves as
president of the Humane Society of Missouri. “However, states that typically experience primarily longer and colder winters are now seeing shorter, warmer winters, leading to year-round breeding. Basically, there is no longer a reproduction lull with cat breeding cycles and unfortunately, it seems more people are bringing boxes of kittens into our agencies during winter now.”

Across the nation, shelters are reporting spikes in their cat and kitten intakes. Several Pets Across America shelters experienced an increase of more than 30 percent from 2005 to 2006. The organization associates their steady increase of cat intake — a startling 7 percent last year alone — to likely be an example of how warmer climates really do affect the number of cats breeding more frequently.

“We have long discussed the benefits of spaying and neutering cats. It is likely that global warming is probably not going to be slowing any time soon, therefore, it benefits everyone when pet owners take action and spay and neuter their pet,” says Bob Rohde, vice-president of Pets Across America and president of the Dumb Friends League in Denver, Colo.

———–

Too many kittehs! (Is such a things exists?)

But it couldn’t possibly be because of irresponsible pet owners, increased food resources or any other reasons. It must be GLOBUL WARMINGS!!!

After all, global warming is the cause of EVERYTHING EVER!!!

But at least that means more cute kitties, more warm cuddlies, and more lolcats for your awwwsocute-hahaha viewing pleasure:

GlobulWarmingsMoreKittens

By me, using MS Paint and Icanhascheezburger lolcat builder. Original image from wayodd.

The Star Opinion: More Than Meets the Eye

November 6, 07

Another of my strides in breaking up the brainwashed-consensus with hard-edged scientific skepticism – that is woefully lacking here in Malaysia. Sigh. Long battle to go… But I’ll keep fighting it.

The Star carried the Reuters report “Nordic nations sound alarm over melting Arctic” on 1 Nov 2007 actually, not 10 Nov. Here are the screen captures below:

   NordicAlarm1   NordicAlarm2

(Actually, I read the news report that will come four days from today, which is but a small demonstration of my Hiro Nakamura-ish time-bending powers. But who’d believe me?)

———————————-

From The Star Opinion 6 Nov 2007:

   GWMoreThanMeetsEye1   GWMoreThanMeetsEye2

More than meets the eye

I NOTED with interest the article “Nordic nations sound alarm over melting Arctic.” It was among the top ten most viewed news links on TheStar Online (Nov 10), showing the interest that Malaysians have in the issue.

The report states that the Arctic ice has been shrinking and is now at its lowest level since 1979, a clear sign of global warming caused by greenhouse gases. Among the list of worries is the predicted rising of sea levels, which will threaten coastal areas.

However, like most global warming alarmist reports about melting ice, the news piece neglects to mention that Antarctic ice levels are currently at the highest levels since 1979!

This will come as a surprise to most people as Al Gore’s film on global warming, An Inconvenient Truth, claims that the Larsen ice shelf in the Antarctic is breaking up due to it becoming warmer. This happens to be true.

However, the area that Gore chooses to focus on represents 2% of Antarctica’s area. The other 98% has actually been cooling for the past 50 years! So where is the global effect of global warming?

Melting Arctic ice is used to cause panic and rally support for anti-emissions legislature, but increasing Antarctic ice levels is carefully kept out of the camera’s sights. 

If ice melts in one area but water is deposited as landbound snow in another area, where will the rising seas get their water from?

In fact, in stark contrast to paranoid global warming claims, sea levels haven’t risen around low-lying coastal islands such as Vanuatu and the Maldives in more than 1,250 years!

The global warming campaign of facts is one where heat waves are trumpeted as proof of global warming, but record blizzards are swept under the carpet as anomalies; where deaths from hotter summers are avidly included in the IPCC reports as a predicted human cost of global warming, but lives saved due to less cold winters are not taken into account.

Then again, global warming is increasingly blamed for everything on either end of the climate spectrum – both higher and lower ocean salinity, flooding and drought, hot and cold weather. 

If anything happens in the natural world, it must be the fault of global warming. 

So I suppose that with politically-coloured sensationalist science like this, blaming both the thinning of Arctic ice and the thickening of Antarctic ice on global warming would make perfect sense.
 
SCOTT THONG YU YUEN,

Ipoh. 

———————————-

The editors left out my full letter’s most amusing parts about ais kacang and cougar attacks:

However, the area that Gore carefully chooses to focus on represents a mere 2% of Antarctica’s area. The other 98% has actually been cooling for the past 50 years! So where is the ‘global’ effect of global warming?
 
If you had two bowls of ais kacang and scooped all the ice from the first bowl into the second bowl, the first bowl would have less ice and the second bowl more ice. But by focusing only on the first bowl, you could report that the total amount of ice you have is now less.
 
This is similar to the situation with global warming propaganda, where melting Arctic ice is used to cause panic and rally support for anti-emissions legislature, but increasing Antarctic is carefully kept out of the camera’s sights.

Then again, global warming is increasingly blamed for everything on either end of the climate spectrum – both higher and lower ocean salinity, both flooding and drought, both hot and cold weather. If anything happens in the natural world, it must be the fault of global warming.

It’s gotten to the point where even children’s fevers, allergies to maple syrup, duller autumn colours, and even the occasional cougar attack on people are blamed on global warming!
 
So I suppose that with politically-coloured sensationalist ‘science’ like this, blaming both the thinning of Arctic ice and the thickening of Antarctic ice on global warming would make perfect sense.

For more information on the topics brought up in this post:

Antarctic ice at highest levels

Al Gore’s An Inconvenient Truth is full of lies, misdirection and cherry-picked data

…Even the British High Court says so

Warmer weather could save tens of thousands of lives

Global warming blamed for cougar attack

Another recent letter on global not-actually warming, with tons more links

Mega list of everything that has ever been blamed on global warming!

Article regarding the above list 

One final note… While blogging on my letter, the Transformers kept nudging the back of my mind. Any guesses as to why? ;>


%d bloggers like this: