UPDATE: And Obama claims his prize, while admitting that he doesn’t deserve it.
False humility? Yes:
I am living testimony to the moral force of non-violence.
UPDATE: Not a joke – Obama awarded a black belt in tae kwon do by the President of South Korea.
His pandering to the UN, gently petting terrorists and their regimes, cozying up to dictators, keeping mum while civilians die, quietly letting Iran get nukes, and apologizing to the world for America for 9 months has paid off – Obama has won the Nobel Peace Prize.
Recall that unlike the science Prizes, the Nobel Peace Prize winner is decided by just five liberals who hail from uber-liberal Norway:
three of them would be considered hard-left liberals in American politics. One of those belongs to Norway’s Socialist Left party. And all five people on the committee are politicians selected by the Norwegian parliament, and generally hew to a Norwegian view of foreign affairs — internationalist in outlook and with a broad affinity for Obama’s posture on the world stage.
This award is perfectly matched to Obama after the farce that was Nobel Peace Prize Winner Al Gore (similarly opposes capitalist lifestyle while being filthy rich) and past winners like Yasser Arafat and Jimmy Carter (similarly is no friends of Israel).
Meanwhile at home, he is driving his country (and his opinion ratings) into the ground.
So congratulations Obama! You’ve earned it (really!). By plowing America into the dirt, you’ve ingratiated yourself to everyone who isn’t America!
Oh, and… Good luck with that home crowd.
Others covering this:
- Hot Air.com: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize. No, really. Update: “It’s not April 1, is it?” – Roundup of many reactions from around the world, including non-positive ones from liberals!
- Interested Participant: Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize – Various groups around the world raise eyebrows and questions, as the world is still in conflict
- Hot Air.com: DNC: If you laugh at Obama’s Nobel, you side with terrorists, Michelle Malkin: DNC humor czar condemns Nobel Prize jokes and Gateway Pundit: DNC Official Says GOP Is “Siding With Terrorists” – Um, okay. So the DNC therefore sides with terrorists in agreeing that American forces should pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan?
- Gateway Pundit: New Dem Spokesman: “Republicans Probably Wish There Was a Nobel Prize For Fear, Hatred & Racism” (Video) – He’d win the first two himself.
- Hot Air.com: Barbara Boxer: Gosh, Michael Steele sounds like the Taliban today – Yet another defensive lash out.
- The Jawa Report: Why Does Glenn Greenwald Hate America? – Greenwald didn’t automatically bow and sing hosannas re: Obama’s Nobel Prize (for the wrong reason, but we’ll take it), and, according to Eric Boehlert, that makes him by definition un-American and a terrorist.
- Hot Air.com: Even mainstream media stunned, skeptical over Nobel Peace prize – WaPo, NYT, MSNBC… Amazing.
- Hot Air.com: Public reaction to Obama Nobel: Huh? – The last thing the White House wants is an excuse for voters to ponder the thinness of The One’s record, yet that’s precisely what this achieves.
- Gateway Pundit: UN-BE-LIEV-A-BULL!… “Peacemaker” Obama Wins Nobel Prize For Sweet Talking – Informative roundup of those who might object to his winning, such as murdered Iranian protestors, Taliban victims, the people of Honduras.
I too agree with what Jim Hoft concludes – Bush saved 600,000 Iraqi lives and liberated 50 million.
- Gateway Pundit: Vote For Infanticide — Win a Nobel Peace Prize! – Barack Obama voted 4 times to support infanticide. Today, Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize. Unbelievable.
Actually, it’s probably because he forced American taxpayers to fund abortions for the rest of the world.
- Michelle Malkin: Story of Obama’s life: “Rather than recognizing concrete achievement…” – Not for anything he’s actually done, but for the symbolism of what he might possibly accomplish sometime way off in the future.
- Gateway Pundit: John Bolton Weighs in on the Nobel Prize For Hope & Change – The trend of the Nobel committee in recent years to cheerlead for the left. (Also: Obama won’t give his brother George 20 bucks a month to lift him out of his Nairobi slum hut, but he’s the Nobel peace winner. Unbelievable.)
Like I said, 5 Norwegian liberals.
- Michelle Malkin: What should Obama do with the Nobel prize money? – Awaiting your suggestions.
- Moonbattery: Barack Obama Wins Yasser Arafat Peace Prize – With a list of who lost out to Obama’s non-achievements.
- abc News Blog: Best Obama-Nobel Jokes – Lololol! Be sure to read the comments too.
- Gateway Pundit: Joe Scarborough Cackles at News That Obama Won Peace Prize (Video) …Update: White House to Joe- “Quit Being an A-hole” – Too funny! Obama wins the peace prize on the same day we bombed the moon.
- Iowahawk: Membership Has Its Privileges – Mockery lol!
- Gateway Pundit: Darrell Issa: Let’s Give Obama an ESPY for Pickup B-Ball, Too! – He could maybe, potentially, perhaps one day score a record three-pointer!
- The Jawa Report: Organizing For America: Help Barack Obama win the Heisman Trophy! – He should win it, because he might one day be good at football!
- Gateway Pundit: Obama’s Nobel Response: 10 Sentences. 16 Uses of I/Me/My – That’s how the narcisssist ‘humbly’ accepts the Prize.
- Hot Air.com: Limbaugh on the Nobel: They’re trying to get him to stand down in Afghanistan – The first post-accomplishment president.
- Ace of Spades: Obama = X/Nobel Prize = Y Thread – Lololol! Check the comments for various comparisons!
- Ace of Spades: CBS: Is This a “Mission Accomplished” Moment? Is Obama a Joke? Is This a “Poisoned Chalice”? – Yes, yes, and yes. Today officially marks the start of LOLTUS.
- Ace of Spades: Top Ten Candidates Who Almost Won the Nobel Prize – 9. Sue Lefkowitz, homemaker, Poughkeepsie, NY, for vowing on New Years Eve to lose her last 20 pregnancy pounds (she gained 6).
- Time magazine: The Nobel Prize for Effort – Top ten backfire moments for Obama. (Amazing… Is this the beginning of the end of the Obama-MSM lovefest?)
- IMAO: Obama Wins the Nobel Peace Prize by Listening to Me – A lot of you laughed when I first unveiled my peace plan over seven years ago, but who is laughing now? This morning, America crashed a probe into the moon causing an explosion. And the result? Obama has won the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Gateway Pundit: SNL SIDES WITH THE TERRORISTS– Mocks Obama’s Nobel Prize (Video) – Obama: “I won the Nobel for not being George Bush.” Video via link.
- Hot Air.com: Video: SNL’s pitiful Obama Nobel sketch – There are a million good black comics out there; Lorne Michaels can’t find one who can do a solid Obama impression and make him a featured player? It took me five minutes of Googling to find the Marlin Hill clip embedded below.
- Gateway Pundit: The Accolades Keep Coming In… Castro Praises Obama’s Nobel Prize – If all else fails Barack Obama knows he can always count on Marxist killer Fidel Castro to have his back.
- Gateway Pundit: Obama Becomes First Nobel Peace Winner Who Endorsed Genocide – Preventing a potential genocide in Iraq isn’t a good enough reason to keep U.S. forces there.
- Gateway Pundit: Coulter Agrees With Al Sharpton: Obama Won Nobel Because He Is Black (Video) –
Also, CNN interviewed Europeans who all agreed that Obama did not deserve the Nobel Peace Prize. The Africans said it was too soon. And another suggested award for Obama…
- Asiaone news: Norway opposition urges Nobel chief’s resignation – Thorbjoern Jagland should step down because his new job as secretary general of the Council of Europe compromised his independence. (On a tip from wits0)
- Gateway Pundit: Liz Cheney: Obama Traveling to Oslo to Accept Peace Award Adds to Farce (Video) – Also, 58% of Americans say that politics plays a roll in awarding the Nobel Peace Prize. This is up 18 percentage points from last year. Only 21% say politics does not play a role.
- The Washington Times: – Mr. Obama took office on Jan. 20. Gosh, it’s so long ago now. What “extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy” did he make in those first 12 days? Bowing to the Saudi king? Giving the British prime minister the Wal-Mart discount box of “Twenty Classic Movies You’ve Seen a Thousand Times”?
- Michelle Malkin: Nobel Appease Prize fireworks: North Korea launches more missiles, Iran scoffs – Yonhap news agency says that North Korea has fired two short-range missiles off its east coast. Iran dismissed on Monday a U.S. warning that major powers would not wait forever for Tehran to prove it was not developing nuclear bombs, saying any threats or deadlines would have no impact on the Islamic Republic.
- Moonbattery: Obama: Victory Is Thine! – More at Awaken the Sleeping Giant:
- Moonbattery: Use Zazzle – Of course, the decision is not without its critics. The Taliban, Hamas, Islamic Jihad and Republic National Committee Chairman Michael Steele have all made statements criticizing the committee’s decision.
- Gateway Pundit: Top Quotes From This Year’s Nobel Peace Prize Winner – They bring a knife, we bring a gun… Get in their faces!… I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!… Hit back twice as hard… The United States cannot use its military to solve humanitarian problems and that preventing a potential genocide in Iraq isn’t a good enough reason to keep U.S. forces there.
- Moonbattery: Barack Obama: ‘Oh, did I mention I won the Nobel prize?’ – Consider the emails his White House is sending out. No opportunity to shoehorn in a mention of the Nobel prize is being missed. Obama apparently sees the award of the prize as his biggest achievement so far, with the possible exception of his election victory. Well, it sure beats actually doing something.
- Gateway Pundit: Majority of Norwegian Judges Were Against Obama Winning the Peace Prize – Three of the five members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee had objections to the Nobel Peace Prize being awarded to US President Barack Obama.
- The Jawa Report: Crowder: I GOTS’A PEACE PRIZE! and Michelle Malkin: Best Nobel Peace Prize Rap Ever -
Someone wasn’t happy…
Hugo Chavez told the delegates at the Copenhagen junk science conference that Obama smells like sulfur, too.
If Obama, Nobel War Prize, said here, by the way, it smells of sulfur here.
The Nobel War Prize has just said here that he came to act. Well, then show it, sir, don’t leave by the back door.